Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Winter Tees!

Posted by: user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Sat 7th Nov 2009 16:56 | Last Reply

Both courses at my golf club have now moved onto the winter tees.

What that actually means is that they put the white and yellow markers together!

My only problem with this is that I could put down that I am playing off the white tees, which has a higher SSS than the yellow tees.

I was speaking to one of the staff and we both agreed that the best thing to do would be to remove the white tee markers, and then everyone plays off the yellow tees.

For now, I will put down that I am using the yellow tees whenever I put in a scorecard.

Russ

re: Winter Tees!
user52922
Reply : Sat 7th Nov 2009 18:06

Hi Russ, I notice we also have winter tees on the short holes only, but I was not aware that handicap changes were allowed with winter rules in force as well.

user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sat 7th Nov 2009 18:59

Not sure of this John, but I'll ask at my club regarding this.

It could be that you are correct and I've never been in the position to have my handicap reduced during the winter.

Russ

user52922
Reply : Sat 7th Nov 2009 19:20

I seem to play and score better in the winter as the rough is non existent and the greens are very receptive.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top