Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Golf membership comparison

Posted by: user16106 | Sat 24th Oct 2009 22:45 | Last Reply

I,m looking to join a club in the sussex / surrey area for the start of the 2010-11 season £1100 max. Is there a price comparion website?( like there is for everything else) that can put up a list of local clubs with prices so I can compare then side by side. Other than going through 30-40 different websites to look at prices & facilaties. If there is anyone who is a member of a club in my distance range and would reconment it, I'd love to hear about it. Lastly I am also looking for a club that will let me join from Nov-April on a better than pro rata rate. The good weather and all the light has now gone so I think 50% of yearly fee is a bit steep for the last 6 months of the year. Or am I wrong ?

re: Golf membership comparison
user52922
Reply : Sat 24th Oct 2009 23:07

Yes, David, I do feel that you are wrong, after all the fee is for the whole year and down south it is an all year round game.

I was a member at Sweetwoods Park Golf club and would highly recommend it. They have various membership schemes that cater for everyones pocket.

user99350
Reply : Mon 26th Oct 2009 08:44

David, you're putting golf on par with car insurance. I'm afraid it's not like that. You need to play these courses before you join.

user16106
Reply : Mon 26th Oct 2009 15:00

Sorry Patrick, I didnt explain properly. I have played 30-40 courses in my area and could compare prices from the knowledge I already have of the course. You are correct in that I would never join a course before playing it first but if one looked a good deal then I would first try it out. Nothing better than an unbiased reconmenation. Cheers.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top