Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Golf in Portugal...again.

Posted by: user115937 | Thu 24th Sep 2009 21:37 | Last Reply

Hi all

I know there are a lot of topics on golf in Portugal on these forums but I'm looking to get as much info about golf and hotel accomodation over there pretty quickly, as I'd like to get a trip booked a.s.a.p 

Myself and the missus have got the chance to pop out to Portugal in early October for 3-4 days down in the Vilamoura area.

Has anyone stayed in a nice hotel down in that area before that they could recommend?.  We'd quite like to be close to the Oceanico Pinhal course as that's where my girlfriend brother is staying in an apartment.  The accomodation at the golf courses is a tad expensive though! so a hotel in the surrounding area would be better.

In early October, would a single player be able to go out on some of the courses like Pinhal, Vila Sol etc. Or would I get paired up with others?

Are handicap certificates needed?- I've got my Golfshake one, but nothing from my club.

Any tips on playing out there or where to get the best deals, I guess its best to book the golf in advance right?

Cheers fellas

Matt

re: Golf in Portugal...again.
user115085
Reply : Thu 24th Sep 2009 22:07

Hi Matt,

I recently got back from a trip to vilamoura where we played Pinhal, Millenium and Quinta do lago south. We stayed in a nice apart/hotel called hotel vilamoura golf http://www.hotelvilamouragolf.com/

It wasn't close to the marina, wasn't at all flashy, but good value and clean. They have a complimentary mini bus where they take you to and from all the local courses, just ask at reception the day before you play - great service!

we were never asked for handicap certificates and we had two 28 (at least) handicap players in our four. - if you play after 1pm buggies at the oceanico courses are complimentary too. Pinhal was quiet when we played it and there were a few singles out and about.

HTH

Last edit : Thu 24th Sep 2009 22:08
re: Golf in Portugal...again.
user115937
Reply : Thu 24th Sep 2009 23:15

Thanks everyone, I need to do some more research.  I have a feeling my girlfriend will book the accomodation.  David, can GolfAmigos just book green fees, or do they like to book everything for you, ie the hotels as well?

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top