Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Max DOuble Bogey for Handicap??

Posted by: user241760 | Wed 12th Aug 2009 08:18 | Last Reply

So, here is my story;

- Started playing again this year after a few years out, first 9 rounds all over 100, no need to trouble the handicap system yet. (Handicap - 28).

- Played last night and scored a 94 (net 66), the SSS is 68 so I have lost 0.8 (2 x 0.4) off my handicap (Golfshake now says 27.2). Right?

- HOWEVER, i have been reading the handicap explanation in the FAQ's and on the CONGU website and it says that a maximum of a double bogey can be recorded. As I scored +3 on 2 holes, I am wondering why my handicap hasn't reduced by 4 instead of the 2 I have been given?

Any help greatly received! By the way, this website is awesome!! I am addicted!! 

re: Max DOuble Bogey for Handicap??
user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Wed 12th Aug 2009 08:21

It's a nett double bogey taking into consideration your handicap -

system allows (nett +2) maximum for men and (nett +3) for women, on any hole if a male player of handicap 17 shoots 8 on a par 4 SI 1, the maximum score allowed for that hole is 7.

Golf Handicap Explanation

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Wed 12th Aug 2009 08:44

As Darren says Lee, it's net maximum double bogey, which means that it's maximum double bogey AFTER you have applied you shots allowed from your handicap.  So if you are playing off 27, here's a couple of examples: -

• Par 4, SI 3.  You get 2 shots so a 6 is net par.  You shoot an 8.  This is net double bogey (8 shots minus 2 shot allowance equals 6, which is two over the par).  The score on this hole would stay as an 8 when calculating your handicap.
  • Par 4, SI 12.  You get 1 shot so a 5 is net par.  You shoot an 8.  This is net triple bogey (8 shots minus 1 shot allowance equals 7, which is three over the par).  The score on this hole would be rounded down to a 7 (making it a net double bogey) when calculating your handicap.

Hope that helps

user202037 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sat 26th Sep 2009 12:04

Mark,

Apart from certain types of Singles Comps (Stableford, Bogey & Match-Play), you 'record' every single shot and attempted shot. Its only for calculation that it is nett +2 that is taken into account. That is unless you play in the US and use their system.

TheLyth

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top