Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

importing from usa

Posted by: user118394 | Mon 5th Jan 2009 19:32 | Last Reply

i have seen a shop from usa "ebayoyo" selling golf equipment extremely cheap and offering to post it to the uk and mark as a gift to do away with any import taxes.

as any of you fellow golf shakers used this shop or actually imported any thing from the usa?

i was wondering if it was to good to be true or if any of you guys could recomend it?

on the site they are knocking out the 09 taylormade burner driver for 139 dollars

any help or thoughts would be appreciated

cheers

re: importing from usa
user77012
Reply : Mon 5th Jan 2009 21:20

Neil, I'm sceptical that they are genuine some off those prices are rediculously cheap Im switched on on high end Jap stuff and you can't buy that stuff for that money,be careful.

I would give em a swerve.

Dave

user118394
Reply : Mon 5th Jan 2009 21:52

cheers dave,

thats what i thought but never bought from abroad so i thought i would ask just in case.

you could have saved me some money there so thanks for the reply

neil

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 6th Jan 2009 09:47

Neil,

As per Paul's comment, they went through a period of a couple of weeks of heavy spamming on here and when pressed with questions they disappeared.  I would personally not use them as it does appear they are trading in 'non-genuine' items. 

If you're going to buy from the USA, go to an estabilished and respected chain like Edwin Watts or Golfsmith (Dave Ley will vouch heavily for Golfsmith UK) and accept that you will be stung for import duty.  With the exchange rates where they are at the moment, once the duties are added it works out just as cheap to pick them up in the UK. 

The other alternative is to get someone to get them for you while they are over there.  I travel to the US regularly on business and usually have a shopping list with me.  The trick if stopped by customs is to say that you took the clubs out with you for adjustment as it's much cheaper to have it done out there.  Things like balls are not a high enough value to be a problem unless you're bringing thousands back. 

user69191
Reply : Tue 6th Jan 2009 10:49

Hi Neil, try 3ballsgolf.com. Loads of new and used stuff, totally genuine, very cheap even compared to current exchange rate.  Everything posted same day by FedEx and usually arrives on your doorstep within a couple of days. They pay the duty and you end up paying them a few weeks later when the bill comes through. I've been buying off them for years and never had a problem.

Paul

user118394
Reply : Tue 6th Jan 2009 17:12

cheers guys

thought it was to good to be true,but you never know without asking.

neil

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top